Monday, May 25, 2015

Are We Beginning to Connect the Dots?


"The LORD of hosts has sworn by Himself, “Surely I will fill you with a population like locusts, And they will cry out with shouts of victory over you."  (Jer. 51:14). 

Bill Wilson, a writer for the Koenig Report, wrote the following that should get our attention: "Persecution and unrest are likely to follow, such as we have never seen in this country.  Our collective disobedience to the Lord in electing such leadership and allowing such immorality to anchor in our society has consequence".

In a recent blog by Joel Rosenberg, Founder and President of the Joshua Fund, made the following harrowing statement: "America is on the wrong track".    Almost 7 in 10 people believe this.  Only 26% of American think we're going in the right direction.  Never before have I received so many cries of warning from so many different sources, as has crossed my computer screen since the year 2015 began. As a matter of fact, for the first time in our Nation’s history the majority of folks believe America has seen its better days and its best days are not ahead.

And the situation becomes more critical each day as new blasphemies appear.   As Joel  Rosenberg, so aptly stated, “We are not just in a time of decline, we are nearing a point of implosion.  There is no way that the Washington bureaucratic corps can fix all that ails our nation.” 

No question, we need a new crop of leaders in Washington that recognize our current way of doing business is bankrupt and anti God.   Solomon, the second wisest man that ever walked this earth, said, “Wisdom is a gift from God’.  One might assume from these words that there is a dire lack of believers in Washington since there are so few wise decisions being made.

 I have often thought our Nation would be so much better off if we built a huge wall, like the walls of Jericho, around the Belt Way and removed all exit and entry roads; we could then let those with in the Beltway play government until their hearts are content and let the rest of us live our lives as the constitution so states.  And when our state governments begin to look like bureaucratic entities, we pack them up and send them to the walled city of Washington, DC.

In an interview one of the candidates, who has thrown their hat into the ring for the 2016 election, suggested we crawl into our closets and wait for the new president.  I fear another year and half of the current diet coming out of the Belt Way could be titled a "Path to Doom".  

No, that is not the way, God gave us the way in 2 Chronicles 7:13-14.  Notice he begins with one of those little trigger words that determine if the truth that follows is going to be a revocable or irrevocable covenant promise -  that word is "if":  "IF" I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people, and My people who are called by My name humble themselves  and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will, hear from heaven, will forgive their sins and will heal their land".  

We have come to a point, my dear friends, when we need make a vow that every time we see in person one of our children, grand's or even great grand's, see a picture of them or even have a thought pops into our mind about one of them, we should quote this verse with intensity, fervently from the depths of our hearts.  I am a very old duck and will soon be in the heavenlies and it grieves my heart that my generation is the one that saw this Nation, ordained and blessed by our heavenly Father, turn its back on the wondrous blessing He allowed us to enjoy.  (The enemy is devious, even ungrounded Believers will be deceived).  

No, my friends, we cannot wait for another layer of man’s failed attempts to fix the tragic mess that we have made of His perfect creation.   I am sure many of you received the challenge and call from Anne Graham Lotz to a season of prayer for our nation.  In essence, we are closing the barn door after the horses are out, but God/Jesus has no office hours and is eternally at the right hand of the Father to receive our prayers and be in intercessory prayer for us. 

I am going to close this for now but will send part two next time.  I close with this challenge to each and all who read this epistle: "To implore God our Savior for an abundant harvest of souls for His Kingdom in the remaining days.  Do you not say "Four months more and then the harvest?  I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields, They are ripe for harvest" (John 4:35). 

 My brother, who was a combat-experienced fighter pilot, expounded the following piece of wisdom after he had retired and was dealing with some medical issues:  "I don't want to take these things but I do not like the alternatives.”  We need to take a peek periodically, well, not so periodically, and read the Scripture of where those ‘who turn their backs on Jesus’ end up.  When I do that it reinvigorates my heart to work even harder to snatch every lost soul out of Satan's hands.

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment