Thursday, May 21, 2015

A 'Cow? A 'Miracle? Really???

"Speak to the sons of Israel that they bring you an unblemished red heifer in which is not defect and on which a yoke has never been placed ...Now a man who is clean shall gather up the ashes of the heifer and deposit them outside the camp in a clean place, and the congregation of the sons of Israel shall keep it as water to remove impurity; it is purification from sin" (Num. 19:2b/9  Read 2 through 13).

Hey Gang:  Before I begin this segment of “What's Happening Man?" let me say how much I appreciate the opportunity of preparing and sending out these morning messages.   I learned many years ago what the teacher meant when she said, "I am the one who gains the most from these lessons for I must do the research.”   I hear daily what a tragic time it is to be alive on earth, but I thank God daily for allowing me to be here at this time when He is preparing to wrap up His plan for the Gentiles.    There is great excitement among Jewish Orthodox Communities of the world over a cow.  Yes, a simple cow!  Well may be not so, for it is a “cow without blemish”.

Aside:  On every trip we have taken to Israel there has been something or somethings that have caught the fancy of the Jewish people.  Our Arab guide warned us that in Israel you evaluate everything by a rule of three: ’Yes, maybe it happened that way", no "it probably did not happen at all" or” yes, we can say with conviction that "it did happen that way.

On that particular trip, the subject at hand was two- fold, one pertaining to a three-year-old red heifer that was kosher and fit the description of Numbers 19.  Bus loads of people were traveling to Tiberius to see ‘Josephine’, which the press had so named.  But, at the peak of the excitement, a rabbi discovered two white hairs that were hidden by the heifer's ear. This moved the heifer from the ‘anointed status’ to just a plain old cow.   

 The other phenomena that had caught the attention of the people of the land was a flask of anointing oil had been found in the Qumran archeological dig which turned out to be a "Yes, it did happen that way".  Why so phenomenal, because God gave specific orders as to what five elements should be included in the anointing oil and one of the elements is no longer available.   One of the five ingredients in this oil is the rare persimmon or balsam (afarsimon) oil which was so valued by the Egyptian queen Cleopatra that she asked her lover, the Roman general Mark Antony, to give her a grove of Balsam trees in a wadi near Jericho.

There were only two such groves in all of the Middle East, the second in a wadi near the beautiful area called En Gedi.  When the priest realized that Jerusalem and the Temple were going to be destroyed by the Romans, they burned both groves to keep them from falling into the hands of the Romans. 

In my study of the Prophetic Word I certainly give attention and credence to what I would call the anchor points of prophecy: the re-establishment of Israel, the restoration of the Hebrew language and many prophecies pertaining to Israel becoming a thorn in the side of the world, but I love the less traveled roads of prophecy such as the seeking of the perfect red heifer, the finding of the anointing oil, the reestablishment of the Sanhedrin, and the on-going preparation for the building and establishment of the Third Temple.   I tend to be more practical in my thinking and these are things I can wrap my mind around and really get excited about.

 I have enjoyed reliving the stories of the red heifer, anointing oil, rebirth of the Sanhedrin and the preparation for the rebuilding of the Temple with you.  It is like the salesman story I related in the Gramps Morning thoughts about the elderly lady and her first flight.  It is a message that I have pounded through the years of how important it is for us to come along side people who are struggling with some of the battles we have struggled through.  They need to hear someone say, Hey, with God's help I became an overcomer.

Blessings,


Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment