Tuesday, January 5, 2016

When All These Happen, Look Up – Part 5

“And fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven” (Luke 21:11).

Hey Gang:   The wider and deeper the apostasy, the wider and deeper is the door for Satan to move and shake.  I have chosen “terrorism to be my second most profound sign of the time at this hour.  Keep in mind my desire is to equip myself, and you, with the tools to be able to show a nonbeliever that- all that is happening- was prophetically given to us by God in the Bible, so that we would not be unaware of ‘what is happening’. 

The term terrorism is found in the Jewish Talmud and the Mishnah.  The term "Talmud" normally refers to the collection of writings which are historical in nature.   The Mishnah and Gemara are made up of the body of Jewish civil and ceremonial law and the legends, past and future, and dates back to 5 BC.   The term ‘terrorism’ occurs together with the end of the days and describes the time before the appearing of Messiah. 

Simultaneously the expression refers to the moment in the history of Israel in which the efforts to obtain peace are coupled with terrorist attacks.  Jeremiah wrote, “We waited for peace but nothing good came; and for a time of healing, but terror came” (Jer. 14:19).  Is that not a perfect description of what is happening in Canaan at this very hour?  Hamas (meaning violence) is a very familiar word in the land of Israel today, as is tribulation, fear and anxiety. 

In the year 2001 the intent of the Sons of Ishmael changed from harassment to annihilation of all who do not honor Allah and bow before him as their god.   Even though there are many examples of terrorist acts before the tragic events of September 11, 2001, the terrorist of this day look at that date as the day they moved into high gear in their efforts to annihilate the little Satan (Jewish State) and the Big Stan (United States) and every non-believer in the Middle East. 

To get a better handle on the intent of the Sons of Ishmael, Esau and Hagar, it is essential that you understand -the basis of what they are trying to accomplish is not based on a power struggle to gain land and dominate people – it is purely based on an apocalyptic philosophy that one day the world will be one big caliphate and the Mahdi, that is yet to come, will be the ruling ayatollah.

Again, I have a problem, to truly understand what is happening in the Muslim world today requires many hours of digging and study and would require a huge book; and, when finished, would be obsolete because things ae changing so fast.  That is not my intent in this series of epistles so I will close this section and move on with this final statement: “People are beginning to think in terms of needing a strong man to unite the world against this menace.”

Some believe the Mahdi 12, that is referred to by the militant Muslims, fits the description of the coming antichrist.  I do not believe that will be the case.  I believe Daniel’s prophecy- that the evil ruler of the future will come from the same geographical area of the forces that destroyed the Temple and scattered the Jewish People into the diaspora.   You have my permission to disagree with me.  If you do, I would appreciate hearing from you.

My third choice of ‘what is the most profound sign of the time of this day’ kind of spins off of the above.  I call it the Wickedness and Moral Decline syndrome.    Notice Jesus words in Matthew 24:12:  “Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold”.   I realize that I am speaking to the choir with these epistles but let me remind you anyway – in the Sermon on the Mount Jesus said “love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you” (Matt. 5:44).  He also said, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind….The second is like it, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself! (Matt. 22:37, -40).

Dostojevski, the Russian author wrote, “Where God is no longer respected, everything is allowed.” Biblical ethics have gone by the board since the 1960’s.  All has changed- from euthanasia on one hand and abortion on the other.    We are truly living in that time tucked away by Isaiah in the midst of his six ‘woes’ of Isaiah five, “Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!”.
   
In closing I repeat Dostojevski’s word, “Where God is no longer respected, everything is allowed.”  These are very tough times for those who love the Lord God and are called according to His purposes.  It has been so very hard for this 82-year old man to watch our nation evict the God of creation. The God who has blessed this nation so bountifully. The nation that has been God’s refuge for multitudes. The God who made this nation a light unto the world.   I hurt to see the Government sending out eviction notices in all facets of human life and saying, “No thank you God, we are so much smarter than you and we will go our own way”.   

Saturday, I will address the prophecy that is number four on my list but could be number one, The Destruction of Love.    Paul said, “If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal” I Cor. 13:1).   My good buddies, I pray there are no noisy gong’s out there or clanging cymbals!

Blessings,

Gramps

P.S.  Take a few minutes alone with the Lord and read all of I Corinthians 13. Be advised it does not do any good to read it and then file it so deep into your intellect it can never surface in action.   As a little squeezer I learned the adage “Practice makes perfect”.  Wish I would have always used it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment