Thursday, April 30, 2015

"And they Have Divided My Land" Part 2


"I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat, Then I will enter into judgment with them there on behalf of My People and My inheritance, Israel, Whom they have scattered among the nations; AND THEY HAVE DIVIDED  UP MY LAND"  (Joel3:2).

Hey Gang:  In John 4:35-29 we read these words: "Do you not say, "There are four months, and then comes the harvest"? “Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look on the fields, that they are white for harvest.  Already, he who reaps is receiving wages and is gathering fruit for life eternal; so that he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together.  For in this case the saying is true.  One sows and another reaps. I sent you to reap that for which you have labored; others have labored and you have entered into the labor."

In Bill Koenig's latest weekly report he did a study of God's judgments and determined that in each instance of judgment God preceded it with a period of grace.  I wonder if we are in a period of grace?  Jesus said, “When all these things (listed in the Olivet Discourse Matthew 24) begin to happen, look up for your redemption draws near".  

  As our redemption draws near, obedience to the great commission becomes ever more crucial.  As I read of the alternatives of not accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, it makes me want to make sure even my worst enemy does not face the frightful words of Jesus, "I know you not" and eternal Hell of fire.

In Mark 16:15 and Matthew 28:27 we are given our commission orders, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation".  As you drive to church each Sunday, have you ever prayed for all those folks along the way? Many are hurting but haven't a clue that there is a refuge and people, just down the road, that can put their arms around you and walk with you through the wilderness experiences.  It is truly a time when we need to hone our witness skills, clean up our armor and put it on and obey Jesus’ great commission to go into all the world and preach the gospel - even to our family and next door neighbor.

Paul removed any excuse we might have for not doing as Jesus commanded when he wrote, "Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God, who made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the spirit, for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life" (II Cor. 3:5).

 In my life time we have become used to the word ‘carrier’, we are carriers of this and that, but we sometimes tend to forget we are also carriers of the Holy Spirit who resides within us.  When sharing what God has laid on my heart, I always begin with the disclaimer that all who believe in Christ have the same Holy Spirit who feeds me is available to them. 

BUT, there is a prerequisite, we must learn to recognize His voice.  Jeremiah 33:3 tells us "Call to me and I will answer you and will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know".  When God told Abraham,  “Those who bless Israel I will bless, and those who curse Israel I will curse”, it was far more reaching than just for Israel.  


Sooo, my friends, plant a seed and make it a point to "bless" someone today, Our Redeemer  will soon return!

Blessings,

Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment